1. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer : Um, how did I not know about this eye primer? This stuff is hardcore- it is thick, has a powerful beige pigment and dries super fast, so its important to get it on right quickly. I don’t know if I’ve ever used a primer that grabs on to eyeshadow and keeps it in place and looking fresh for longer than this stuff does. I used the sample I had 3 or 4 times, and I’m hooked.
2. Oceane Femme Makeup Remover Pen : I received this makeup remover pen last year in a beauty subscription box and it was quite a while before I opneed it..,I’m really glad I did! This thing is so handy for cleaning up under eye transfers and inner corners that have bled color. Love it.
3. Yves St. Laurent Black Opium Perfume : This is an interesting scent I’ve been working through a sample of- it has been compared often to Lancome’s
“La Vie Est Belle” and Viktor & Rolf’s “Flower Bomb”, but I think it quite a bit darker and more interesting than both. “Black Opium” is a combination of feminine florals, coffee and an incense-type fragrance that they list as patchouli and sandalwood, but comes off more smoky than earthy or woodsy. Unfortunately, the quality and longevity of the perfume isn’t there, so I won’t be purchasing the full size of this.
4. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in “01 Willful” : If you are reading this, congratulations! You have just discovered the most wearable red-orange shade lipstick for pale skin on the planet! Seriously. What makes this shade twice as awesome though is how low maintenance it is for such a bright color. I can almost apply this without a mirror and no lip liner is necessary. It is super light weight and a little goes a long way.
5. White Barn 3-Wick French Lavender Scented Candle : After a winter and holiday season that was full of candles in food scents, I am really loving this one I got for Christmas. This French lavender candle isn’t as bitter and overpowering as other lavender fragrances- it has a really nice rose and honey touch of sweetness to it.
What have your favs been this month??? Comment and link to posts please!!!