Hey guys- Outside of spawning a monster, November was pretty decent on the product front. I got a lot (possibly too many) new items and tried a few things that were on my list. Here’s what made my top 5:
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in “Granite”: I was already a fan of the Brow Definer and Brow Wiz…this stuff is pretty much magical. Looks more natural than a pencil ever could and allows for extreme coverage gradient control. Only down side- now that I see how much I use, and how big this pan (.06 ounces) is, there is absolutely no friggin way I’m going to use it up before it totally dries out and has to be replaced. Bummer, but I guess it’s better than too little product.
2. NARS Kabuki Ita Brush: Took me a long time to get around to this one because I’d read a lot of shedding complaints, but wanted to try it out because I don’t have any brushes that are made for defined contouring and this one seemed to be the right size and shape for me. I do like it quite a bit. Mine doesn’t seem to have too much of a shedding issue and I like how loosely the bristles are packed.
3. Kate Spade Multi Glitter and Star Earrings Set: Not a beauty item, bout who gives a sh*t…super affordable and I love that they are 12k gold plated with 14k gold posts. The confetti studs seem to perfectly walk that line between cute and juvenile. I dig that.
4. Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in “08 Creamy Beige”: I rarely use drugstore brands, but I love cream eyeshadows that double as bases and purchased this as an alternative to my MAC paint pots…so far, so good. The pigmentation is generous, the consistency is not too tacky and it’s long wearing. The shade is a rich, warm brown tone that looks perfect with very little blending- beneath eyeshadow or alone.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette: I know you’re sick of hearing about it- too damn bad! I was reluctant about some of the jewel toned matte shades in here like Love Letter, Realgar and Golden Ochre, but these have turned out to be my favorites! Totally unique and just lovely for darker, festive looks I like to pair with colder weather.
What were your favorite products of last month? Let’s discuss! Comments and links to posts please!
Enjoy your Sunday!